The controller and processor of personal data on this website is Open Mind Foundation Public Organization (hereinafter referred to as “the Foundation”, or “we”).
Personal data subjects are visitors to this website and/or individuals using the functionality of this website (hereinafter referred to as "Users", or "you").
This Policy explains how we use and protect any personal data we collect about our users who visit this website and/or use its functionality.
We comply with the principles established by the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). In particular, personal data:
- are processed by us lawfully, honestly, and transparently with respect to data subjects;
- are collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes and are not further processed in a way that is incompatible with such purposes (“restricted purposes”);
- are adequate, relevant, and limited to what is needed in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (“data minimization principle”);
- are accurate and updated as necessary; every reasonable step should be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate for the purposes for which they were processed be erased or corrected without delay (“accuracy”);
- are stored in a form that allows identifying data subjects for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed ("restricted storage");
- are processed in a manner that ensures adequate protection of personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing, as well as against accidental loss, destruction, or damage, by taking any appropriate technical or organizational measures (“integrity and confidentiality”).
List of information to be collected and processed by the Foundation in relation to users:
Name, date of birth, country, region and locality of residence, valid email address, religion, occupation, education, password.
All this information must be correct and valid. You are personally responsible for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the information you provide, and thus confirm and guarantee to the Foundation that the information provided is true, complete, and correct.
Your personal data may be disclosed (transferred) to third parties who perform services on behalf of the Foundation in order to conduct sociological research. In addition, your personal data may be transferred to other competent authorities if necessary and required according to the law or as permitted by law.
Third-party institutions (or categories of such third parties) to whom personal information of data subjects may be transferred (disclosed) and purposes of such disclosure.
The purpose of personal data processing is to study mass emotions and their impact on social, political, and economic changes in the society, to assess the level of basic mass emotions in various elites and generations that constitute the society, as well as to study the emotional power that generates and nourishes various xenophobic groups.
Rights and obligations of the parties
- to demand that the Foundation correct or erase personal data, or to provide the Foundation with objections to such processing;
- to provide incomplete personal data to the Foundation (subject to submission of an additional statement explaining the reasons);
- to set the processing limit if one of the following conditions occurs:
- accuracy of personal data is disputed by you within a period that does not allow the Foundation to verify the accuracy of personal data;
- processing is illegal and you oppose the erasure of personal data and instead require restriction of their use;
- the Foundation no longer needs personal data for processing purposes, but you need the data to establish, implement, or protect legal requirements;
- you objected to processing of your personal data before checking the legal grounds the Foundation has for processing of such data;
- to request and receive personal data about you which were provided by you to the Foundation, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, by issuing a corresponding request, and to transmit these data to another controller without interference from the Foundation;
- to be informed about whether the Foundation stores information about you;
- to request from the Foundation the exact purpose(s) of processing and categories of your personal data that are processed by the Foundation;
- to request access to personal data that the Foundation stores about you;
- to request the estimated period during which your personal data will be stored by the Foundation, and if this is not possible – the criteria according to which the period of storage of such data is determined;
- to file a complaint with the State Data Protection Inspectorate of the Republic of Lithuania if you believe that the Foundation has violated any applicable personal data protection laws.
- to provide your accurate and true personal data in full in accordance with this Policy;
- to immediately notify the Foundation of any fact of unauthorized receipt of personal data of a data subject by a third party, when becoming aware of such fact;
- to notify the Foundation in case of disagreement with any of the purposes of data processing or of the intent to stop processing of your personal data by the Foundation by way of sending the relevant notice to [email protected]
- You are solely responsible for the truthfulness, accuracy, and relevance of your personal data provided to the Foundation.
- to make changes to the terms of this Policy unilaterally without your prior consent.
- to report any correction or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data of a data subject to any third party who previously received personal data from the Foundation for the purposes of data processing established by this Policy, if this is not impossible and does not entail incommensurate efforts by the Foundation;
- to inform a data subject of the recipients of their personal data (third parties), if the corresponding request has been received from the data subject;
- to provide a data subject upon request with their personal data stored by the Foundation (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format);
- in case of leakage of personal data of a data subject – to notify a supervising authority within 72 hours upon receipt of information about such fact. If it is impossible to notify the supervising authority within 72 hours, the Foundation shall inform the supervising authority of the reasons for the delay in giving such notice;
- to immediately notify the User of any leakage of their personal data, if such leakage may create a threat to the rights and freedoms of such data subject.
The parties also have all rights and obligations provided for by the General Data Protection Regulation.
Retention periods for personal data received by the Foundation are not limited to this Policy.
The company must comply with LITHUANIA LEGAL PROTECTION LAW OF PERSONAL DATA No. I-1374 of 15 June 2018, General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and the Electronic Communications Privacy Directive (Directive 2002/58/EC as amended by Directive 2009/136/EC) (“Data Protection Laws”).
Access to, correction, erasure and deletion of data
If you wish to review any personal information that we hold about you or if you want to make changes to your personal data or delete them, if you want to receive information about how your personal data are used, how we ensure the confidentiality of your personal data, you can submit a request. Such request must be submitted by you to the Foundation in writing, and must also contain your name, address and description of the information which you wish to review, correct, or delete. This request can be sent by you to [email protected]
We reserve the right to refuse to respond to requests that we consider to be expressly unreasonable or excessive.
Cookies, tags and other identifiers ("Cookies")
Cookies are text files placed on your computer or mobile device to collect standard information of an online journal and information about the behavior of visitors. Our websites create cookies for each session when you visit them.
- to ensure registration of any activities that you perform on our website;
- to analyze traffic on the Foundation’s website so that we can make appropriate improvements.
If you need additional information on the use of personal data or Cookies by the Foundation, you can send us a request by email at [email protected].