Research client: TV-Show «Savik Shuster's Freedom of Speech»
Executive: Sociological platform Liberty Report
Date: December 11 - 13, 2020.
Number of participants: 12,530 people.
The sociological sample - 863 respondents.
Survey data reflects the opinion of all Internet users in Ukraine older than 18 years, differentiated by gender, age and type of settlement.
Maximum sampling error: 3,4%
Main conclusions of the study:
- 79,6% of respondents have a positive attitude toward all kinds of vaccinations.
- 31,3% of respondents would not get vaccinated against COVID-19 under any circumstances.
- Of those 31.3% who would refuse the vaccination, half (50%) do not believe in the effectiveness of the vaccine, and a third (27.4%) fear it will harm their health.
- 26,5% agree to be vaccinated against COVID-19 only if it is free of charge.
- 42,2% of all respondents want to be vaccinated and are willing to cover the vaccine cost themselves.
- 52,7% of men and only 33.4% of women agreed to pay for the vaccine.
- 58,1% of Ukrainian parents are willing to vaccinate their children against COVID-19.
- 46,5% of respondents agree with mandatory COVID-19 vaccination for themselves and their children.
- 25,8% of respondents were strongly against mandatory vaccinations for their children. Another 27.6% had a neutral position about this possibility.
- 6% of Ukrainians who are not willing to get the vaccine would change their decision if their idol would get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- The most popular vaccines in the country are Pfizer and BionTech BNT162b2 - 57.1% of respondents said they had heard of it.
- 11,3% of respondents did not know of any COVID-19 vaccine.
Respondents' comments about reasons for not willing to get vaccinated, spelling and punctuation observed:
I'm afraid that under the guise of a vaccine they are injecting something else. We can't be 100% sure of its usefulness.
I have had Covid already, it is the same as vaccination.
I do not believe in the danger of COVID-19, at least for myself.
The vaccine is new and it is not known how the body will react in the future
I do not trust vaccinations in our country.
I don't think it's possible to properly test a vaccine in such a short period of time. Plus, I doubt that our authorities are able to procure a quality vaccine at a reasonable price. With a corrupt markup, we will be injected with saline at the price of elite vaccines.
Any vaccination goes through a stage of testing. If a vaccine is found so quickly, why not treat people during treatment. What is it´s component. And the last time I saw a child of my neighbors at the age of three getting vaccinated against polio, a child became disabled for life.
I don't believe it's just a COVID vaccine. These days they can inject people en masse with anything they want.